My Tool Shed have looked at 5 of the world’s fastest growing cities to see just how much they have evolved over the last 30 years, whilst breaking down the growth year by year to highlight just how much they’ve changed since 1988.
Dubai came out on top with a huge 569% increase in population, talking it to 2,785,000 people. Like most middle eastern countries Dubai’s initial boom was down to oil supplies, however you may be shocked to find out that oil only accounts for 1% of Dubai’s GDP (gross domestic product) now.
3 of the 5 fastest growing cities are found in the middle east, however Las Vegas may take the top spot soon with projected growth to 3.32 million by 2042, a 67% increase over 30 years, making it one of the largest expected population booms in the United States.
Other Stand Out Stats
- Manamapopulation has increased by 359% and has become thefinancial hub on the middle east
- The Las Vegas population has increased by1,899,000 people over the last 30 years
- Dohais thefastest growing city of the Persian gulf with population increasing by 407,000 since 1988
- Singaporeconsists of one main island and62 other islets and has increased 23% in total size
- Johoris Malaysia’s third largest city, it’s one that’s rapidly growing with its population increasing 162% in the last 30 years